Diabetes Care Pack
When you have diabetes, it is important to have regular checks and tests to see if your condition is well controlled. This will help reduce the risk of diabetic complications that can have serious effects on your sight, kidneys, heart and feet.
The diabetes care pack has been designed to support virtual reviews in diabetes clinics whilst also ensuring people are receiving their annual diabetes 8 care process checks.
You can download the Virtual pack below:
How to use:
- When asked to by your diabetes healthcare professional, click the link above to open the diabetes care pack.
- Select “file” and “save as” to save the file to the desktop on your computer.
- Read the information on the first 2 pages of the pack.
- Book an appointment for a blood test (according to your healthcare professional’s instructions).
- Collect a urine sample and return this to your GP practice or other healthcare professional within 24 hours of collection. You will need a form for this, which should be provided to you by your diabetes healthcare professional.
- Complete the pack, ensuring your name, date of birth and NHS number (if known) are entered at the top of the third page.
- Save or print the completed pack and either return this to the email address given to you by your diabetes healthcare professional or hand into your GP practice prior to your diabetes review appointment.
- Your diabetes healthcare professional will discuss the results of your completed checks with you at your diabetes review.
Diabetes Prevention Week is an annual highlight in the Diabetes UK calendar.
You can find videos on diabetes prevention, at risk groups and more on the Diabetes Prevention Week page.